Friday, March 16, 2012

Sailing the Seven Seas

Hi Everyone!! I am here on this Friday with another sneak peek, this time using the Sketchy collection from Sheena Douglas that will soon be available at Crafter's Companion! I used the ship stamp for my card today.


I made an easel card.  There are so may directions on how to make an easel card, but I will briefly explain how I did mine.

*  First you want to create a card base, I usually use a piece of cardstock cut to 6x12 and score at 6" and fold. But for my card today, I used one of my larger dies to make a shaped card. 
*  Next cut out another piece of cardstock using the same die or shape as the card base.
*  Then on the card base,you will take the top section and score it in half. If using a 6" card, this would be at the 3" score line. The Ultimate Tool is great for scoring your cards.
*  Then you will attach the single cut out/shape to the bottom section on the scored side, on the base of your card.
*  This is your easel card.  You then decorate as you wish. You will want to put something with a bit of height on the main card so that the top of your card will stand up (you can see in my picture that I added some black pearls on top of a double layer border.

A closer look at my easel card:


See you all next Friday with another sneak peek of another new release..




Thanks for stopping by,
Dawn B

No comments: